- WHAT WE DO -
Today, the Foods cluster is made up of Chue Wing & Co. and Oriental Foods.
Chue Wing & Co, trading as ABC Foods, is the founding company of ABC Group. Its operations were relocated from Port Louis to a new head office and warehouse centre at Trianon in 2010.
The company’s brand portfolio includes foods and household names such as: Yardley, Laser, Nicoli, Liguori, Aviko, Ardo, Emco, Yeo’s, Lenthéric, Dewlands, Avonmore, Good Hope, Almond Breeze, Tsingtao, Godiva, Watsonia, Melbourne, Australian Star, Tablelands, Napoli and Bakers as well as local brands such as Dolly Milk and Apollo Noodles.
ABC Foods remains one of the main distributors of imported cigarettes in Mauritius following the closing of the local manufacturing operations of British American Tobacco company.
Oriental Foods manufactures Chinese and Oriental foodstuffs including soya and chili sauces, canned prawns & spices supported by the technical expertise of Yeo Hiap Seng (Yeo’s) of Singapore.
– FOOD –
– SNACKS –
– DRINKS –
ISO Certification (2014)
In 2014, the company obtained the ISO 22000 : 2005 certification, for the import, storage and distribution of all its products.
Relocation of ABC Foods (2010)
In 2010, ABC Foods relocated its head office and distribution centre to Trianon. This strategic relocation was made to ensure improved distribution to all regions of the island.
Diversification in Food Manufacturing (1982) In 1982, ABC Foods initiated a production facility (Oriental Foods) at Beau Songes with the technical expertise of Singaporean company Yeos Hiap Seng to produce Yeo’s products in Mauritius.
ABC continues to expand and opens its first Cold Storage (1964)
In 1964, ABC Foods further diversified its activities and opened its first Cold Storage at 10, Queen Street. Some years later, the company relocated its activities at 49, Queen Street and Arsenal Street in Port Louis.
Chue Wing & Co Ltd is created (1952)
The 1950s’ were marked by the commencement of a diversification phase and represent a major turning point for ABC, with its expansion of business in cold storage, foods imports, wholesale, general distribution. Chue Wing & Co. Ltd (today ABC Foods) is created.
First venture: ABC Store (1931)
The first shop, ABC Store, was opened by Sir Jean Moilin Ah-Chuen near the entrance of the Central Market in Port Louis. ABC Store stands for “Au Bazar Central” or “Aux Bonnes Choses”.
Chue Wing has a service agreement with ABC Professional & Secretarial Services Ltd (‘ABCPS’) for the provision of company secretarial services. ABCPS provides assistance and information on governance and corporate administration issues.
To be the most successful Fast-Moving Consumer Goods (“FMCG”) company in Mauritius, in terms of sustainable growth, benchmark supplier and consumer satisfaction through superiority in all aspects of our businessMISSION
- Ensuring that our people are of the highest standards
- Growing profitably our business by strengthening our brand, franchises and introducing new leading products and through geographical expansion, joint ventures and strategic alliances
- Establishing excellent trade marketing and distribution capabilities
- Optimising our supply chain costs through better efficiencies and economies of scale
- Maximising productivity and synergy within all functions in our organisation
- Integrity: A Commitment to Always do the Right Thing, No Matter what the Situation or Potential Gain Involved.
- Loyalty:To Have a Strong Sense of Belonging and Dedication to the Groups’ Activities, Beliefs and Values.
- Tenacity: An Inner Desire to Keep Advancing and Progressing in the Face of Adversity.
- Quality: To uphold the highest standards at all times – without allowing for any compromise.
- Accountability: The commitment to take full responsibility for one’s actions and to ensure that a job is carried out effectively until the end.